Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Barnett Family

As the aircraft began to make its final descent into Kansas City, I opened my shade to discover a big, black cloud hovering over the city. Waterdrops decorated my window and flashes of lightning lit up the sky. Coming from Portland, the last thing I was expecting to find in the Midwest was rain. Although, I normally love the sound of thunder, I do not like the weather to interfere with my schedule!

Anticipating a cancellation, to my surprise my clients still wanted to continue as planned. I guess I should have taken into account the fact that they too are photographers and this is just another opportunity to be creative. As a photographer, normally the first thing we look for is good light. Not today! I was looking to keep dry:) Fortunately, we found some commercial loading docks with covered awnings. As time passed, so did the weather and we were able to conclude with some amazing light. We didn't manage to keep dry, however, we did manage to have a great time!

Here are a few of my favorites from the shoot:












When asked to photograph the Barnett's, I knew I was in for an adventure. Sarah and I have been friends for almost twenty years and I interned with Chris several years ago at Rennett Studio. It was an honor and a privilege. Thank you Chris, Sarah, Finnegan & Charlee! Maybe next time I will pack an umbrella:)

To view all of the pictures in an online gallery, click here.

No comments: