Friday, June 29, 2007

Shelby


I remember taking this picture of my cousin during my first photography class in high school. Shelby and her younger sister, Emily, modeled against weathered barnwood and decrepit buildings, just a few blocks from grandma's house. Now, nine years later, she is once again posing for my camera, this time as a client.

Shelby will be graduating from Pleasanton High School in 2008. During her senior year, she will be involved in the community, acting for high school drama club, and busy making memories with her best friends. My little cousin I once knew has blossomed into a fun, free-spirited, young woman.

Here are some of my favorite images from the shoot:










Watch out mom, she is no longer your little girl! Our session was accompanied by many "hollas" and whistles from admiring teenage boys as they drove by in their loud pick-up trucks! Can you blame them? A beautiful girl inside and out -- it was picture perfect!

To view more images click here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shelby - you could definitely be a model!!! I just keep looking at these beautiful pictures over and over again. Kristen - How can you take so many photos and have each of them be so unique and different and beautiful? Each one shows a little more of Shelby's great, fun-loving personality! Great job to both of you!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures! You did a great job of capturing Shelby's wonderful personality. She truly is beautiful inside and out!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Josh and I were in one of those trucks! haha jk jk! All of your photos are amazing! : )

Kristen said...

Thank you so much for the encouragement and motivating words! I appreciate all of you stopping by and leaving comments! It is definitely inspiring. Shelby made it easy. She is so beautiful and a lot of fun!