Monday, January 19, 2009

Sweet Designs Cakery


The only time I have worked with Heather on a wedding was not as the photographer, but as her maid of honor. Heather and I met at Pittsburg State University where we both majored in art. Whether it was being frustrated at a drawing that we were never quite satisfied with, keeping each other company in the darkroom, being encouraged and inspired at our Kansas City First Fridays, pulling all nighters to finish our final projects, helping each other study for our art history exams, enjoying good food, or yes, even fighting over boys, Heather and I were pretty much inseparable. She has been behind the camera and in front of mine and a great friend throughout it all. What I love about Heather is that when she has an idea she always executes it. After marrying her high school sweetheart, Heather bought and renovated an old historic building in downtown Pittsburg where her storefront will soon open. She learned to bake and is now creating masterpieces that not only look good but taste good too! I can't wait to work with her on future events. Heather always has a way of making her dreams a reality and can do the same for her brides to be. This is how Sweet Designs Cakery came to be.





1 comment:

Sweet Designs Cakery said...

OH!!! Thank you so much! So many memories. I truly appreciate your talent and am thankful to have you on my team! You are a wonderful person and great friend. I can't wait to work with you in the future.

love ya lots,

heather
SweetDesignsCakery.com