Monday, August 13, 2007

Ashley and Jonathan: Engagement


Patience is a virtue.

That is exactly what Jonathan waited so patiently for...a virtuous woman. I met Ashley and Jonathan in Portland Bible College, but they met long before that. As a young teen in high school, Jonathan was immediately attracted to Ashley. He came home to his dad and told him about this amazing girl he had met. I believe his first words were something like this, "Dad, she's HOT!" However, Ashley did not quite have the same reaction. Not ready for a relationship, Ashley told him, he must wait.

And he did. Jonathan waited and waited and waited.

Now, after finishing college, the timing is finally right. These high school sweethearts are ready for marriage. Ashley and Jonathan drove two and half hours to meet me at my new house in Vancouver for their engagement session. This, as well, was well worth the wait! We had a fantastic time.

Here are some of my favorites from the shoot:














View all of their images here.

7 comments:

Randy said...

Beautiful work Kristen and a great story! The location looks very familiar...can't quite place it, but nice choice for this couple. I'm anxious to see their wedding photos!

Randy

Anonymous said...

oh man! these are soooooooo cute!!!!!!! love them all! :)

Kristen said...

Thank you Randy! Most of these images are taken across the street from my new place! They are such a great couple, they definitely made my job easy.

Kristen said...

Sarah, Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can't wait to collaborate with you on upcoming projects.

Anonymous said...

This is my cousin Ashleigh. She is already beautiful but you managed to make her even more :) I swear she could be a model.
I can't wait to see the wedding pictures

Kristen said...

Trisha, thank you for leaving a comment! Yes, Ashley is very beautiful, but on her wedding day she looked absolutely stunning! I can't wait to share her wedding photos with you. Stay tuned.

Anonymous said...

Wow! These truely are great, your work continues to get better and better. I cant wait to see what your going to do next. I am a daily reader,J/K okay sometimes twice a day.